作业帮 > 综合 > 作业

英语课文the million pound bank note翻译第二幕第4场

来源:学生作业帮 编辑:作业帮 分类:综合作业 时间:2024/07/13 16:15:05
英语课文the million pound bank note翻译第二幕第4场
THE MILLION POUND BANK NOTE
百万英镑
Act II, Scene 4
第二幕,场景4
NARRATOR: At the end of the month, Henry was very rich and didn't fear jail. Dressed in the finest clothes, he drove by the brothers' house in Portland Place and, seeing they were back, went to get Portia at her friend's home.
旁白:在本月底,亨利很富,不怕坐牢。穿上最好的衣服,他开车从那对兄弟在波特兰的房子路过去Portia的朋友家接她,看到他们回来了。
HENRY: My dear, the way you look today, it would be a crime not to ask for a good salary for the job they'll give to me.
亨利:我亲爱的,看你今天的样子,不去为他们给我的工作要一份好的薪水简直就是犯罪。
PORTIA: Oh, please remember that if we ask for too much we may get no salary at all; and then what'll happen to us, with no way in the world to earn a living?
鲍西娅:哦,请记住,如果我们要求太多,我们可能根本得不到工资;然后我们要怎么办,在世界上有没有的别的方式谋生?
(At the brothers' home, the servant lets them in. The two brothers are seated, waiting.)
(在那对兄弟的家,他们的仆人让他进了屋。这两兄弟坐着,等着他。)
HENRY: Good morning, gentlemen. ( Roderick seems very surprised to see Portia ) Portia, these are the men who helped me.
亨利:早上好,先生们。(罗德里克似乎很惊讶地看到波西亚)波西亚,这是那些帮助我的人。
PORTIA: So very nice to meet you, kind sirs. (She gives Oliver a wink with one eye.) 鲍西娅:很高兴见到你,好心的先生们。(她用一只眼睛给奥利弗眨一下只眼。)
HENRY: Gentlemen, I'm ready to report.
亨利:先生们,我准备汇报。
RODERICK: Er ... Portia, I ...
罗德里克:呃…波西亚,我…
OLIVER: We're both glad to hear it, for now we can decide the bet which Roderick and I made. If you've won for me, you shall have any job as my gift. Have you got the million pound bank note?
奥利弗:我们都很高兴听到它,现在我们可以对罗德里克和我打的赌做出决定。如果你赢了我,你会得到任何工作-- 作为我的礼物。你拿着那张一张百万英镑的钞票吗?
-
HENRY: Here it is, sir.
亨利:在这里,先生。
OLIVER: I've won! Now what do you say, Roderick?
奥利弗:我赢了!现在你说什么,罗德里克?
RODERICK: I say that I've lost twenty thousand pounds. I never would have believed it. Why, that is amazing, man!
罗德里克:我说我已经失去了二万磅。我不会相信的。为什么,这让人惊讶,老兄!
HENRY: Come, let's be going now, Portia.
亨利:来吧,我们现在就走,波西亚。
OLIVER: But wait, wait! The job, you know. I must give you a job, as I promised.
奥利弗:等等,等等!工作,你知道的。我要给你一份工作,因为我答应了的。
HENRY: Well, thank you very much, but I really don't want one now.
亨利:哦,非常感谢,但是我现在真的不想要。
PORTIA: Henry, I'm disappointed (失望的) in you. You didn't thank the gentlemen properly. May I do it for you?
鲍西娅:亨利,我对你失望了。你没有正确地感谢这位绅士。我可以为你做的吗?
HENRY: Let me see you try.
亨利:让我看你试试。
(Portia walks over to Roderick and gives him a hug. Then she sits in Oliver's lap, puts her arms around his neck and kisses him on the cheek. Oliver begins laughing.)
(她走到罗德里克,给他一个拥抱。然后她坐在奥利弗的腿上,把她搂住他的脖子,吻了他的脸颊。奥利弗开始笑。)
PORTIA: Papa, he says he doesn't want anything else from you.
鲍西娅:爸爸,他说他不想从你哪儿要任何东西。
HENRY: (shocked) My dear, is that your papa?!
亨利:(震惊)亲爱的,是你的爸爸?!
PORTIA: He's my stepfather, and the dearest one that ever was.
鲍西娅:他是我的继父,依然是最亲爱的那个人。

HENRY: Oh, my dearest dear sir, I regret what I said. You have got a job open that I want.
亨利:哦,我亲爱的先生,我后悔我说过的话。你有一个职位,我想。
OLIVER: Name it.
奥利弗:说出名字。
HENRY: Son-in-law.
亨利:女婿。
OLIVER: Well, well, well! But you've never had such a job before. How can I be sure you can do it successfully?
奥利弗:嘿.嘿.嘿.但你以前从来没有过这样的工作。我怎么能相信你能做得成功?
HENRY: Try me ... oh, do, I beg of you! Give me 30 or 40 years, and ...
亨利:我尝试…哦,你,我求求你!给我30或40年,并且…
OLIVER: Oh, well, all right.
奥利弗:哦,好的,好的。
NARRATOR: Are Portia and Henry happy?
旁白:波西亚和亨利幸福吗?
There are not enough words in the biggest dictionary to describe it.
最大的字典里也没有足够的词来形容它。
Did the people of London have a good time with this bit of news? Yes.
伦敦人因为这一点消息的好好消遣了吗?是的。
Portia's stepfather took that bank note.
波西亚的继父拿回了钞票,
back to the Bank of England and cashed it.
回到英格兰银行兑现了。
The bank note was then useless for money but was his wedding gift to the young couple. Yes, the bank note was worth millions of dollars, but not worth one tenth as much as how Henry felt about Portia.
纸币已经无法兑钱却是这对年轻夫妇的结婚礼物。是的,银行票据的价值是好百万美元,但不及亨利对波西亚的感觉的十分之一 。